El Nido Resorts Privacy Notice
Updated on 01-August-2022
El Nido Resorts (referred to as the “Company”) respects your privacy and is committed
to protecting your personal data. We strive to provide a safe, secure online experience
and ensure that we comply with the Data Privacy Act of 2012. Here’s how we protect your
personal data and respect your privacy:
Our role in your privacy
When you visit our Company website, (collectively referred to as “Site”), this
notice applies to you. Please read and understand it before providing us with
your personal data.
As a fully-owned subsidiary of Ayala Land, Inc., the Company processes
know more about how we process your personal data within the Group, please
We may revise this Privacy Notice from time to time as we add new features or
as laws change that may affect our Site or Services. When we make material
changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post the date it was last revised.
- Read and understand this Privacy Notice
- Ensure that any information that you provide us is complete, accurate and
- If you provide us with personal data about other people, or if others give
us your information, we will use that information only for the specific
purpose for which it was provided to us. By submitting the information, you
warrant and confirm that you have the right to authorize us to process it on
your behalf in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
When and how we collect data
From the time you access the website, we are collecting data. Here’s when and
how we do this:
- You browse any page of our website or app
- You inquire about our products and services
- You make an online reservation and payment
- You opt-in to our Marketing Communications
- You participate in our post-stay survey
Types of data we collect
Your complete name, land line or mobile number, email address, mailing
address, country, company name.
Your credit card details, Company Tax Identification Number (TIN).
Data that identifies you
Your passport details, Government-issued ID, IP address, geolocation
Data on how you use our website
Your app or URL clickstreams (the path you take through our site/app),
products/services viewed, page response times, how long you stay on our
pages, what you do on those pages, how often, and other actions…
How and why we use your data
Under the Data Protection Act, we can only use your personal data for
certain specified purposes and where we have a legal basis to do so.
Here are the reasons for which we process your data:
To provide you with the following services
- Responding to your inquiries and communicating with you;
- Processing your resort reservations;
- Managing your bookings;
- Providing you personalized and customized service when you stay with any El
- Facilitating your payments and;
- Establishing and fulfilling our contract with you
To improve Your Experience when using our site
- Improving the layout and/or content of the Site, and customizing them according
to your interests and preferences;
- Notifying you of service issues and unusual account actions when using our Site,
should any occur.
Provide Customer Support
- Notifying you of any changes to our service,
- Answering your queries/feedback as well as resolving issues (including any bug
fixing) via email or mobile
- To enable our business and pursue our legitimate interests
- Improving and protecting our products, content, services and websites, both
online and offline;
- Monitoring our Services to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud,
misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable
- Investigating any complaints that we receive;
- Complying with applicable law and regulations; and
- Inviting you to take part in market research, if any.
- Sending you emails and notifications about new products and services,
- Inviting you to participate in surveys, promotions and other marketing initiatives,
- You can opt-out of such messages by following the instructions in the
- What personal data our Company obtains about you,
- How these are collected, processed and disposed
- Any data breach incident that affects your personal data
- Your other rights regarding our use of your data
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
- Apply security standards on website development and hosting.
- We use standard encryption tools such as SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to
help protect personal information and to keep information collected secure.
- Our website undergoes website security testing conducted by a third party
prior to it being launched and when major changes has been applied.
- Our employees and officers;
- Professional advisers such as lawyers and auditors;
- Insurers and credit providers;
- Authorized third-party services providers including administration processors,
technology partners, payment processors and courier services;
- Banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers as
covered by our contracts;
- Our joint venture and alliance partners; and
- Such other party whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal
- To the extent that we are required to do so by applicable laws, rules, and
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceeding;
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other
competent authority for disclosure of such personal information where, in our
reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably and is likely
to order the disclosure of such personal information
Your privacy rights
You can exercise your rights by sending us an email
at email@example.com. When you make a request, note that such a
request is subject to certain conditions.
You have the right to access information we hold about you
This includes the right to ask us supplementary information about:
Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity. Please note further that:
You have the right to make us correct any inaccurate personal data about you
If the personal information that we hold about your needs to be corrected or
updated, the Company shall make all reasonable efforts to ensure that data
collected is current, complete and accurate. If you need to access, correct and/or
update your personal information, you may send the request to
As part of our security measures, we will contact you and conduct the necessary
verification measures to process your request. Once we have implemented the
necessary corrections, we shall then notify you that your request has been
processed and completed
You can object to us using your data for profiling you
or making automated decisions about you
You can object to our Company processing your personal information. Such a
request is subject to certain conditions.
You have the right to port your data
We will give you a copy of your data in a mutually acceptable format. We will not
do so to the extent that this involves disclosing data about any other individual.
You have the right for your data to be erased
You can do this by asking us to suspend, withdraw, remove or destroy your
personal data, if it is no longer necessary for us to hold the data for purposes of
your use of our products and services. Such a request is subject to certain
You have the right to file a complaint regarding our
use of your data
Please tell us first, so we have a chance to address your concerns. If we fail in
this, you can address any complaint to the National Privacy Commission.
You have the right to damages
You have the right to damages arising from inaccurate, incomplete, false,
unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of your personal data by the Company.
How secure is the data we collect?
When you submit information to our Site, whether it is your name or email or
other contact information, we do our utmost to ensure that information is
protected against loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or unauthorized access.
We employ the following practices to secure access to your personal information
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents,
contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will
only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a
duty of confidentiality.
How long do we store your data?
Generally, we keep your information for the duration of your use of our Services’ use,
and, to the extent permitted, after the end of that relationship for as long as necessary
to perform the purposes set out in this Notice and to comply with the law.
Whenever you provide information through Contact Us, we retain said information for 1 year
in order for us complete the declared purposes for which your personal data was
collected (e.g., to respond to your inquiry, process your hotel reservations, manage your bookings,
facilitate payments or establish and fulfill our contract with you).
Laws may require us to hold certain information for specific periods.
In cases other than Contact Us, we may retain data for an appropriate period
after any relationship with you ends to protect ourselves from legal claims,
or to administer our business.
When we no longer need to use your information, we will remove it from our systems
and records or take steps to anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified
from it (unless we need to keep your information to comply with legal or regulatory
obligations to which we are subject).
Whenever you provide information through Contact Us, we retain said information
for 1 year in order for us complete the declared purposes
for which your personal data was collected (e.g., to respond to your inquiry,
process your hotel reservations, manage your bookings, facilitate payments or
establish and fulfill our contract with you).
Laws may require us to hold certain information. In cases other than Contact Us,
we may retain data for an appropriate period after any relationship with you ends
to protect ourselves from legal claims, or to administer our business.
When we no longer need to use your information, we will remove it from our
systems and records or take steps to delete it so that you can no longer be identified
from it (unless we need to keep your information to comply with legal or
regulatory obligations to which we are subject).
Third parties who process your data
In order to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, we may disclose
your personal data to the following parties:
And in order to comply with legal and statutory compliance, we may disclose your
Any company with which we share information about you for the above purposes is
contractually required to comply with confidentiality standards, undertake to respect
any individual's right to privacy, and comply with the Data Privacy Act.
We also require that these organizations use this information only for our purposes
and follow our reasonable directions with respect to this information.
This includes organizations which handle or obtain personal data as service
providers for our Company, El Nido Resorts, or Ayala Land.
Privacy Policies of Third-party Websites and Digital
Our website/application contains hyperlinks and details of third-party websites or digital platforms.
We have no control over and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Once you leave our website/application, you should check the third-party website's applicable privacy
notice to determine how they will handle any information they collect from you.
storage, to provide you with a better and more personal user experience. These cookies
are safe and secure, and do not contain sensitive information. Unless you adjust your
you interact with our website.
How can I block cookies?
You can block cookies by activating a setting on your browser so that cookies are not accepted.
You can also delete cookies through your browser settings. Each browser website should contain
instructions on how you can do this.
If you use your browser settings to disable, reject, or block cookies (including essential cookies),
certain parts of our website will not function fully. In some cases, our website may not be
how those third parties use those cookies.
How to Contact Us
Thank you for reaching the end of our Privacy Notice! Should you have any suggestions or questions
about this Privacy Notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights regarding data you
share with us, please contact:
Full name of legal entities:
Ten Knots Development Corp. (doing business under the name “El Nido Resorts”)
3rd Floor, Alveo Corporate Center 728 28th Street, Bonifacio Global City,1634 Taguig City, Metro Manila, Philippines
This privacy notice sets out most of your rights under the data privacy laws. It is
important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. We ask that you keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.