Our Commitment to Enhanced Care
El Nido Resorts recognize its duty to the community through the Be GREEN, Be Clean Enhanced Care Program
Safe FacilitiesWe comply with government guidelines on hygiene standards for our resorts and transport vehicles.
Healthy CommunityWe ensure safety of our guests and staff with daily health checks. Onsite clinic and doctor are available 24/7.
Enhanced HousekeepingWe have increased frequency of disinfection in all high touch points.
GREEN & Clean ExperienceWe practice safe and responsible travel with low-contact transactions, personalized dining and low-density activites.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
At El Nido Resorts, the welfare and safety of our guests and team members have always been our top priority. We take pride in providing bespoke experiences to our guests with environmental sustainability at the core of our operations. Our passion for hospitality is seen through the high standards by which we maintain our island resorts. However, during this time of global focus on the COVID-19 response, we want to take a moment and inform you about some of the additional safeguards we are taking to ensure the well-being of our guests and team members.
BOOKINGS AND RESERVATIONS
Q: Are your properties open?
A: Apulit, Miniloc, Lagen, and Pangulasian Island Resorts are now accepting bookings at a managed occupancy following a “travel bubble” program. We are currently servicing guests through scheduled flights from Manila only. Know more about our special packages for select dates by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +63 917 584 1576. Apulit Island in Taytay, Palawan will remain closed until further notice.
Q: Will there be any booking restrictions?
A: Guests of all ages will be accepted, however, those with pre-existing health risks or comorbidities will not be accommodated for the time being (e.g, cancer, serious heart condition, chronic lung disease, and/or pregnancy). Those with hypertension, diabetes, and/or moderate to severe asthma may be accepted for as long as a medical clearance or fit to travel certificate is provided upon reservation. Furthermore, the Local Government of El Nido, Palawan requires all guests coming from outside the province to take a RT-PCR test not earlier than 48 hours prior scheduled departure from a Department of Health (DOH) accredited facility. Only those with negative test results will be allowed access to check in at our resorts.
Q: If I decide to cancel my trip, what is your cancellation policy?
A: We strive to provide you with the best stay possible and understand that during these times, flexibility is important. Until further notice, below cancellation policy will apply for our resorts.
Complimentary rebooking within a year is offered to all current or new reservations made directly with the resort. Guests may cancel without penalties up to 8 days prior for off-peak and 15 days prior check-in for peak dates respectively. A separate rebooking and cancellation policy may be provided for El Nido Resorts’ promo bookings. For further questions or reservations assistance, please contact email@example.com.
For reservations made via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals, please contact your
booking provider for information on their policies.
SAFE AND RESPONSIBLE JOURNEY
Q: What are El Nido Resorts’ procedures and policies related to COVID-19?
A: We are closely monitoring the situation and complying with the recommendations set forth by the Department of Health as well as the guidelines presented by the Department of Tourism for accommodation establishments. We have also enhanced our already stringent cleanliness and hygiene standards and policies including but not limited to:
- Mandatory wearing of face masks at all times.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) for airport representatives and tour guides.
- Guest health check protocols including foot bath, hand sanitizing and thermal scanning upon arrival.
- Cashless / contactless payment options at the resort (GCash, iPay88 Payment links etc).
- Regular disinfecting of high-touch points such as key cards, countertops, handrails, door handles, etc.
- Comprehensive cleaning and disinfection of guestrooms between stays by housekeeping team wearing proper PPEs.
- Additional signage throughout the resorts reminding guests and employees of healthy practices.
- Implementation of standard operating procedures for employees returning to work including isolation rooms for quarantine to ensure that they are in good health before interacting with guests.
Q: How do you ensure that others guests are COVID-19 free?
A: Upon reservation, we require guests to submit a travel and health declaration form that will reflect their travel history and current health condition. Furthermore, it is mandatory for those coming from outside Palawan to undergo RT-PCR Swab test no more than 48 hours prior the scheduled flight at our recognized DOH accredited health facilities. Only those with negative test results will be allowed access. Before guests take their boat transfer to the resort, they first undergo a disinfection procedure that includes foot bath, hand sanitizing, and temperature check. For Apulit Island guests, the said disinfection procedure will be done at Serena Pier, Care Lounge of Apulit Island resort, upon arrival.
Q: What are your standard operating procedures on handling guests that will show symptoms of COVID-19 at the resort?
A: Guests who exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 will go through a check-up with our resort doctor, the doctor’s observations will be confirmed with another resident doctor before the final status is announced. Non-suspect guests will be asked to rest and will be regularly monitored, while an individual confirmed to be a suspect guest will be asked to isolate in the designated Care Room and will stay there until the scheduled medical evacuation.
Q: Does the travel insurance, included in the room rate, cover expenses if in case a guest shows symptoms while checked-in at the resort and will have to be evacuated to a health facility?
A: No. The travel insurance included in the room rate is a Personal Accident Insurance and not a Medical Insurance. All expenses including but not limited to testing, medical evacuation, transportation to the nearest heath facility that are related to COVID-19 or symptoms thereof, will be on the personal account of the guest.
Q: How can you assure safety of guests in your island resort?
A: As a low-density, private island resort, exposure of guests to other individuals who are not booked at any of our resorts is very limited. Following the guidelines of the Department of Tourism to operate only at a managed occupancy, allows us to observe safe physical distancing protocols in common areas. Our resort doctors are always available at your service, and our properties are equipped with complete first aid response facilities.
LOW-CONTACT CHECK IN & CHECK OUT
Q: What are your safety procedures upon arrival and departure?
A: For guests arriving via AirSWIFT Flights:
- Upon arrival at Lio Airport, guests are welcomed by the resort’s airport representatives wearing proper PPEs, and are guided to the club cars for transfer to the Care Lounge. For guests staying in Apulit Island, disinfecting of luggage will be done at the airport prior hauling to its designated transfer vehicles. Visual cues have been placed in all shuttle services to ensure physical distancing.
- For Apulit Island Guests
After the one-hour flight, guests will be taking their van transfer from Lio Airport to Taytay Wharf (approximately 1 hour & 30 mins. travel time). Upon arrival, guests will be transferred by boat to Apulit Island with approximately one-hour travel time, depending on weather and tide conditions. They will undergo our health and safety procedures such as foot bath, thermal scanning and hand sanitizing at the Serena Pier, Apulit Island’s designated Care Lounge located at the receiving dock.
- For Miniloc, Lagen and Pangulasian Island Guests
Upon arrival at Lio Airport, guests are accompanied to the Care Lounge where they will undergo our health and safety procedures which includes foot bath, thermal scanning and hand sanitizing. All luggage will be disinfected before they are loaded to the designated boats for transfer to the resort.
- For Apulit Island Guests
- Once the health check process is completed, all guests will be assisted by our Front Office Associate through a low-contact check-in process. Once done, they will be handed their room key without any physical contact with the staff. Guests will then proceed to the port area where for boat transfers going to their respective resort.
For guest departure:
- Guest folio will be provided to the guest the night before departure thru e-mail for review.
- On the day of departure, guest may settle their charges using cash or credit card. If credit card, guest shall dip their card personally in the terminal to facilitate the payment.
- The terminal is then disinfected before use of the next guest.
- Guest will be asked to return the key card by placing it in a designated box / tray. It will then be disinfected using UV-light before safekeeping.
Q: What are your safety precautions during boat transfers?
A: We will be using grip sticks to assist guests during transfers to limit physical contact with our guides. In the event that such is difficult to execute due to wave and sea conditions, our guides regularly sanitize their hands before and after contact with guests. Hand sanitizers are also available in the boats for guest use.
Q: Will there be room sharing restrictions?
A: In compliance with the Department of Tourism guidelines, below are the allowable room sharing set-up:
- Single or twin occupancy is required for guests who are not members of the same household.
- Double or twin rooms may be allowed to accommodate a third person for children 12 years old & below and of the same household. Children ages 13 years old & above will not be allowed to stay in the same room.
- Family rooms with an attic or separate rooms inside a cottage/villa may accommodate maximum capacity if all guests are of the same household.
Q: What cleaning procedures do you do to ensure that the room I will stay in is sanitized and clean?
A: Our housekeeping team has been briefed and trained on proper cleaning procedures to prevent the spread of any viruses or infectious diseases. We clean our public facilities using industry-standard cleaning equipment and prescribed chemicals containing EPA-active ingredients. Housekeeping attendants conduct the cleaning of the rooms in full PPEs. The rooms are also left vacant for 24 hours after cleaning before the next guest use.
Q: What measures do you observe to limit the possibility of virus transmission between guests?
A: To limit the chances of virus transmission, the following items will be removed from the room: Minibar, printed collaterals (including pen and paper), and Bible. Items such as instant coffee, tea, sugar and cream including personal use items such as dental kit, comb and slippers will be made available upon request.
Q: What housekeeping services will be available?
A: Please see below:
- Make-up room and Turn-down service: In compliance with the Department of Tourism guidelines, these will be temporarily discontinued to limit the exposure of the guestroom to non-occupants. Guestrooms will instead be provided with a bottle of disinfectant and cleaning cloth for surfaces. Fresh towels, linens and dining utensils will be made available upon request via in-room phone. The clean batch will be delivered in a basket tray by our dedicated housekeeping staff and left at the door step.
- Hygiene kit will be provided upon request. The kit shall include the following:
- Hand sanitizer
- Disposable face mask
- Laundry service: Linen and towel bags will be issued for guests requesting linen or towel change.
Q: Are all the outlets open at your property?
A: In view of an abundance of caution and to adhere to the guidelines set forth by the Department of Tourism, we have temporarily adjusted our offerings to eliminate communal experiences:
- CLUBHOUSE RESTAURANT: International and Filipino cuisines may be served in-room or at the Clubhouse. The Clubhouse is operating at 50% capacity with early and late seating schedules. In-room dining is encouraged but serviced buffet is set-up for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pre-set boxes are used for a la carte room service and picnic lunch. Orders may be placed through the menu QR codes provided.
- SPA: Treatments are limited to back and foot massages. All other services are temporarily suspended.
- All body massages will only be in prone position. Spa therapist will only massage the back, the back of the legs, and arms of guest.
- Only one guest at a time shall be accommodated at the spa center or massage venue.
- Therapist will have a thermal scanner for temperature reading for both guest and herself before the massage.
- Guests will need to fill up a health declaration form through a QR code upon entry.
- Guests will be required to wear face masks before, during, and after the service.
- Only limited slots are available daily.
- GYM: Our resort gym will continue to be operational, but will only accommodate 1 guest booking at a time, on pre-reservation basis. The gyms will also be sanitized and disinfected after every guest use and will be made available for the next guest after 2 hours.
- POOL: Main pools are available for use. Please see below guest guidelines:
- When lounging by the pool with other guests, wear your mask, wash your hands often, and practice cough etiquette. You may remove masks and place on designated envelopes/containers before getting into the pool.
- Do not get into the pool if:
- You are feeling sick or showing cough-like symptoms.
- You have an open cut or wound (especially from a surgery or piercing).
- Before getting in the water:
- Call the reception at least a day before, to book a slot.
- Shower. Advisable to rinse off for 1 minute to remove most of the dirt and other contaminants in the body.
- Once in the water, practice pool courtesy and make sure to visit the toilet before entering the pool.
- Keep an eye on children at all times.
- Sharing of goggles, nose clips, snorkels and towels is highly discouraged.
- Maximum capacity for pool use:
- Pool use slot must be limited to an hour with 30 minutes break in between.
- Apulit, Lagen, and Miniloc Island: 10 guests maximum for families or guests traveling together, and 8 guests maximum if the group is a mix of guests not traveling together.
- Pangulasian Island: 12 guests maximum for families or guests traveling together, and 10 guests maximum if the group is a mix of guests not traveling together.
PERSONALIZED DINING EXPERIENCE
Q: Do you still offer full board meals?
A: Yes. We still offer full board meals for select resorts. In-room dining is encouraged but serviced buffet is set-up for breakfast, lunch and dinner at the clubhouse restaurant. Pre-set boxes are used for a la carte room service and picnic lunch. Orders may be placed through the menu QR codes provided.
Q: Do you still offer in-room dining service?
A: Yes. All meals at the resort may be served in-room by our dedicated F&B staff to limit exposure to other guests.
Q: Do you still arrange private dinners?
A: Yes. We still offer private dinner arrangements while observing similar food and beverage enhanced care measures, for an additional fee.
PRIVATE AND LOW-DENSITY ACTIVITIES
Q: Do you still offer tours and activities?
A: Yes. We still offer island hopping tours and activities as part of our package. The number of guests per tour / activity is managed to ensure that physical distancing measures are observed during boat transfers and at the private beach clubs operated by the resort.
Q: Do you still offer diving and snorkeling activities?
A: Yes. We still offer diving activities, but we will require guests to bring their own regulator. Complimentary snorkeling gears are regularly disinfected; however, guests may purchase from our resort boutiques or bring their own to avoid use of common equipment between guests.