Our Commitment to Enhanced Care
El Nido Resorts recognize its duty to the community through the Be GREEN, Be Clean Enhanced Care Program
Safe FacilitiesWe comply with government guidelines on sanitation standards for our resorts and transport vehicles.
Healthy CommunityWe ensure safety of our guests and staff with daily health checks. Onsite clinic and doctor are available 24/7.
Enhanced HousekeepingWe have increased frequency of sanitation in all high touch points
GREEN & Clean ExperienceWe practice safe and responsible travel with low-contact transactions, personalized dining and low-density activites.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
At El Nido Resorts, the welfare and safety of our guests and team members have always been our top priority. We take pride in providing bespoke experiences to our guests with environmental sustainability at the core of our operations. Our passion for hospitality is seen through the high standards by which we maintain our island resorts. However, during this time of global focus on the COVID-19 response, we want to take a moment and inform you about some of the additional safeguards we are taking to ensure the well-being of our guests and team members.
BOOKINGS AND RESERVATIONS
Q: Are your properties open?
A: Miniloc and Pangulasian Island Resorts are now accepting bookings at a managed occupancy following a “travel bubble” program. We are currently servicing guests through scheduled flights from Manila only. Know more about our special packages for select dates by emailing email@example.com or calling +63 917 584 1576. Apulit Island in Taytay, Palawan, and Lagen Island in El Nido, Palawan will remain closed until further notice.
Q: Will there be any booking restrictions?
A: Guests of all ages will be accepted, however, those with pre-existing health risks or comorbidities will not be accommodated for the time being. Furthermore, only guests who receive negative results in the RT-PCR test taken 72 hours prior departure at our accredited health facility will be allowed to join the scheduled flight.
Q: If I decide to cancel my trip, what is your cancellation policy?
A: We strive to provide you with the best stay possible and understand that during these times, flexibility is important. Until further notice, below cancellation policy will apply for our resorts.
Cancellation fees are waived and complimentary rebooking within a year is offered to all current or new reservations made directly with the resort for stays through October 31, 2020. For reservations made via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals, please contact your booking provider for information on their policies. For further questions or reservations assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAFE AND RESPONSIBLE JOURNEY
Q: What are El Nido Resorts’ procedures and policies related to COVID-19?
A: We are closely monitoring the situation and complying with the recommendations set forth by the Department of Health as well as the guidelines presented by the Department of Tourism for accommodation establishments. We have also enhanced our already stringent cleanliness and hygiene standards and policies including but not limited to:
- Mandatory wearing of face masks at all times.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) for airport representatives and tour guides.
- Guest health check protocols including foot bath, misting, hand sanitizing and thermal scanning upon arrival.
- Cashless / contactless payment options at the resort (GCash, iPay88 Payment links etc).
- Regular disinfecting of high-touch points such as key cards, countertops, handrails, door handles, etc.
- Comprehensive cleaning and sanitation of guestrooms between stays by housekeeping team wearing proper PPEs.
- Additional signage throughout the resorts reminding guests and employees of healthy practices.
- Implementation of standard operating procedures for employees returning to work including isolation rooms for quarantine to ensure that they are in good health before interacting with guests.
Q: How do you ensure that others guests are COVID-19 free?
A: Upon reservation, we require guests to submit a travel and health declaration form that will reflect their travel history and current health condition. Furthermore, it is mandatory for those coming from outside Palawan to undergo RT-PCR test 72 hours prior the scheduled flight at our accredited health facility. Only those with negative test results will be allowed access. Before guests take their boat transfer to the resort, they first undergo a sanitation procedure that includes hand sanitizing, foot bath, and temperature check.
Q: What are your standard operating procedures on handling guests that will show symptoms of COVID-19 at the resort?
A: Guests who exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 will go through a check-up with our resort doctor, the doctor’s observations will be confirmed with another resident doctor before the final status is announced. Non-suspect guests will be asked to rest and will be regularly monitored, while an individual confirmed to be a suspect guest will be asked to isolate in the designated Care Room and will stay there until the scheduled medical evacuation.
Q: Does the travel insurance, included in the room rate, cover expenses if in case a guest shows symptoms while checked-in at the resort and will have to be evacuated to a health facility?
A: No. The travel insurance included in the room rate is a Personal Accident Insurance and not a Medical Insurance. All expenses including but not limited to testing, medical evacuation, transportation to the nearest heath facility that are related to COVID-19 or symptoms thereof, will be on the personal account of the guest.
Q: How can you assure safety of guests in your island resort?
A: As a low-density, private island resort, exposure of guests to other individuals who are not booked at any of our resorts is very limited. Following the guidelines of the Department of Tourism to operate only at a managed occupancy, allows us to observe safe physical distancing protocols in common areas. Our resort doctors are always available at your service, and our properties are equipped with complete first aid response facilities.
LOW-CONTACT CHECK IN & CHECK OUT
Q: What are your safety procedures upon arrival and departure?
A: For guests arriving via AirSWIFT Flights:
- Upon arrival at Lio Airport, guests are welcomed by the resort’s airport representatives wearing proper PPEs, and are guided to the resorts’ club cars for transfer to the Care Lounge. Visual cues have been placed in the club cars to ensure physical distancing.
- Upon arrival at the Care Lounge, guests are guided to the Care Station for foot bath, misting, hand sanitizing and temperature check.
- All luggage will be sanitized through misting, before they are loaded to the boat for transfer to the resort.
- Once the health check process is completed, guest will be assisted by our Front Office Associate through a low-contact check-in process. Once done, they will be handed over their room key without any physical contact with the staff.
- Guests will then proceed to the port area where they will board their boat transfer going to their respective resort.
For guest departure:
- Guest folio will be provided to the guest the night before departure thru e-mail for review.
- On the day of departure, guest may settle their charges using cash or credit card. If credit card, guest shall dip their card personally in the terminal to facilitate the payment.
- The terminal is then sanitized and disinfected before use of the next guest.
- Guest will be asked to return the key card by placing it in a designated box / tray. It will then be sanitized using UV light before safekeeping.
Q: What are your safety precautions during boat transfers?
A: We will be using grip sticks to assist guests during transfers to limit physical contact with our guides and visual cues will be placed in the boat to ensure physical distancing.
Q: Will there be room sharing restrictions?
A: In compliance with the Department of Tourism guidelines, below are the allowable room sharing set-up:
- Single or twin occupancy is required for guests who are not members of the same household.
- Double or twin rooms may be allowed to accommodate a third person for children 12 years old & below
and of the same household. Children ages 13 years old & above will not be allowed to stay in the same
- Family rooms with an attic or separate rooms inside a cottage/villa may accommodate maximum capacity
if all guests are of the same household.
Q: What cleaning procedures do you do to ensure that the room I will stay in is sanitized and clean?
A: Our housekeeping team has been briefed and trained on proper cleaning procedures to prevent the spread of any viruses or infectious diseases. We clean our public facilities using industry-standard cleaning equipment and prescribed chemicals containing EPA-active ingredients. Housekeeping attendants conduct the cleaning of the rooms in full PPEs. The rooms are also left vacant for 24 hours after cleaning before the next guest use.
Q: What measures do you observe to limit the possibility of virus transmission between guests?
A: To limit the chances of virus transmission, the following items will be removed from the room: Minibar, printed collaterals (including pen and paper), and Bible. Items such as instant coffee, tea, sugar and cream including personal use items such as dental kit, comb and slippers will be made available upon request.
Q: What housekeeping services will be available?
A: Please see below:
- Make-up room and Turn-down service: In compliance with the Department of Tourism guidelines, these will be temporarily discontinued to limit the exposure of the guestroom to non-occupants. Guestrooms will instead be provided with a bottle of disinfectant and cleaning cloth for surfaces. Fresh towels, linens and dining utensils will be made available upon request via in-room phone. The clean batch will be delivered in a basket tray by our dedicated housekeeping staff and left at the door step.
- Sanitation kit will be provided upon request. The kit shall include the following:
- Hand sanitizer
- Disposable face mask
- Laundry service: Linen and towel bags will be issued for guests requesting linen or towel change.
Q: Are all the outlets open at your property?
A: In view of an abundance of caution and to adhere to the guidelines set forth by the Department of Tourism, we have temporarily adjusted our offerings to eliminate communal experiences:
- CLUBHOUSE RESTAURANT: In-room dining is encouraged as all food and beverage outlets are closed until further notice. We have temporarily suspended buffet offerings and have substituted meals to be served in pre-set boxes instead. Ala carte orders for lunch and dinner will be served in pre-set boxes as well.
- SPA: We have temporarily suspended offering spa/massage services.
- GYM: Our resort gym will continue to be operational, but will only accommodate 1 guest booking at a time, on pre-reservation basis. The gyms will also be sanitized and disinfected after every guest use and will be made available for the next guest after 2 hours.
- POOL: We have temporarily suspended operations of our pool.
PERSONALIZED DINING EXPERIENCE
Q: Do you still offer full board meals?
A: Yes. We still offer full board meals for Miniloc Island Resort, but instead of the usual buffet set-up, these will be served in pre-set boxes, with biodegradable utensils. Dine-in option in the Clubhouse Restaurant of Miniloc Island Resort and all dining outlets of Pangulasian Island Resort (for ala carte orders) have been temporarily suspended. All meals will be served in-room for now by our dedicated F&B staff.
Q: Do you still offer in-room dining service?
A: Yes. All meals at the resort will be served in-room for now by our dedicated F&B staff to limit exposure to other guests.
Q: Do you still arrange private dinners?
A: Yes. We still offer private dinner arrangements while observing similar food and beverage enhanced care measures, for an additional fee.
PRIVATE AND LOW-DENSITY ACTIVITIES
Q: Do you still offer tours and activities?
A: Yes. We still offer island hopping tours and activities as part of our package. The number of guests per tour / activity is managed to ensure that physical distancing measures are observed during boat transfers and at the private beach clubs operated by the resort.
Q: Do you still offer diving and snorkeling activities?
A: Yes. We still offer diving activities, but we will require guests to bring their own regulator. Complimentary snorkeling gears are regularly sanitized; however, guests may purchase from our resort boutiques or bring their own to avoid use of common equipment between guests.